With a wide variety of breakfast dishes to choose from there will be something to suit everyone.
Orange juice, a choice of cereals, a selection of seasonal fruit and a variety of yoghurts are on the table, so just help yourself.
Then, try our traditional English Breakfast with excellent sausages, bacon, and free range eggs, as well as fresh mushrooms, and tomatoes Baked beans, black pudding are also available.
Or, for a change, try some scrambled eggs with a little smoked salmon, , or poached eggs on toast, a bacon or sausage sandwich, or a bowl of piping hot porridge.
Vegetarian guests may enjoy our Vegetarian English Breakfast with mushrooms, tomatoes, vegetarian sausage, egg, baked beans
Alternatively, a light, Continental option is available, with fresh-baked croissants and pains au chocolat. Fresh fruit salad cheeses and ham.
For a leisurely start breakfast is served between 8.30am – 9.30am (earlier on request)
Please let us know if you have any special dietary requirements.
For those of you who would like a quick breakfast please leave your order the night before and we will ensure your breakfast is ready for the time you request.
We offer a simple 2 course supper menu for those who don’t want to venture out, this must be ordered in advance. Please note that we do not have a license to serve alcohol but you are more than welcome to bring your own. Soft drinks are available.
£30 for two people, £18.00 for one person – if you require a starter please let us know (£3 supplement)
Sample Supper Menu – Freshly cooked from local fresh produce
- Homemade cheese, onion & tomato quiche served with new potatoes and fresh salad
- Hearty mince and dumplings, creamy mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables.
- Simply poached salmon, new potatoes and fresh salad.
- Cumberland Sausage in onion gravy, homemade Yorkshire pudding, creamy mashed potatoes & garden peas.
- Handmade steak burger, cheese & tomato relish served with homemade chips and coleslaw.
- Homemade creamy rice pudding
- Sticky toffee pudding served with cream or ice cream
- Chocolate fudge cake served with cream or ice cream
- Fresh seasonal fruit salad served with cream or ice cream
- Homemade apple crumble and custard
- Choice of locally produced award winning wheelbirks ice cream
A variety of teas, coffee & hot chocolate are complimentary throughout your stay.
Lite Bites available see menu in room
- Variety of toasted sandwiches
- Variety of sandwiches served in white or whole meal buns
- Bacon or sausage bap
- Crisps, chocolate and cans of pop are also available
Packed Lunches are available on request – please pre order.
There are plenty of places to eat out locally – sample below
Peggottys, Wolsingham, Tel: 01388 527093
Knitsley Farm shop restaurant
Number 10 in Wolsingham Market Place, Tel: 01388 528344 (open for supper Thurs – Sat summer months)
The greenhouse at Lanchester garden centre (www.lanchestergardencentre.co
Pubs and Restaurants
Manor House, Cartaway Heads - Tel: 01207 255268 on A68 heading North towards Corbridge
The Punch bowl at Satley – Tel: 01388 731922
The Old Mill at Knitsley – Tel: 01207 581642
Deano's Trattoria at Lanchester – Tel: 1207 437572
The Pavilion, Iversley (Cantonese food) – Tel: 01207 503388 – need to book.
The Lord Crewe Arms, Blanchland, Tel: 01434 675 469 www.lordcrewearmsblanchland.co
Buon Appetito (Pizza or Pasta) in Wolsingham- Tel: 01388 529124 lunch & dinner
Kings Head at Lanchester Tel: 1207 520054